male gamers like to pretend that male characters designed, draw/rendered and written by men, made hulkishly muscular and hypermasculine by men for a deliberate target audience of men is objectification and hypersexualisation rather than actively appealing to male power fantasy
and it’s somehow women’s fault of course
For readings on the correlation in horror between puberty and the monstrous, see:
- Barbara Creed’s The Monstrous-Feminine: Film, Feminism and Psychoanalysis (specifically, the chapter called “Woman As Possessed Monster”)
- Aviva Briefel’s “Monster Pains: Masochism, Menstruation, and Identification in Horror Film”
- “‘The Hair That Wasn’t There Before’: Demystifying Monstrosity and Menstruation in Ginger Snaps and Ginger Snaps Unleashed”
- Bianca Nielson’s “Something’s Wrong, Like More Than You Being Female”: Transgressive Sexuality and Discourses of Reproduction in Ginger Snaps”
- Shelley Stamp Lindsey’s “Horror, Femininity, and Carrie’s Monstrous Puberty”
in movies, whenever a hot guy fake-flirts with an “ugly” girl and she gets all flustered, it’s intended to be a funny joke and make u think the girl is pathetic for believing such an attractive man could be interested in her. ur supposed to hate the girl.
but whenever a hot girl fake-flirts with an ugly guy and he gets all flustered, it’s intended to make u feel bad for the guy and think the girl is a Bitch. ur supposed to hate the girl.
ur always supposed to hate the girl.
- women: can u not touch our butts without knowing if we're okay with it? kthx.
- men: modern feminism has gone TOO FAR. we already gave you THE VOTE and JOBS and now you're OPPRESSING US by assuming we're all RAPISTS. PATRIARCHY IS NOT REAL B/C NOT ALL MEN.